I improvised this recipe when I was looking for quick Lenten dishes, but it has become a favorite for my husband and me all year long.
-Esther Pittello, Chicopee, Massachusetts
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup prepared Alfredo sauce
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 2 cups hot cooked fettuccine or Daily Chef Penne Rigate of your choice
Give flavor to your favorite Italian meals with premium Daily Chef Pasta.
Learn More >
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add mushrooms; cook
- and stir for 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in the sauce and broth
- until blended. Add the crab. Reduce heat; cook for 10 minutes or
- until heated through, stirring occasionally. Serve over pasta.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 552 calories, 20 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 1,246 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.