Crab 'n' Penne Casserole
Purchased Alfredo sauce lends creaminess to this crab casserole while red pepper flakes kick up the taste. Summer squash and zucchini bring garden-fresh goodness to the comforting main dish from Bernadette Bennett of Waco, Texas.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1-1/2 cups imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325°. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine Alfredo sauce, crab, yellow
- squash, zucchini, parsley and pepper flakes. Drain pasta; add to
- sauce mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in.
- baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake 35 minutes or until heated through. Toss bread crumbs
- and butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, 5-6 minutes
- longer or until browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/3 cups) equals 323 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 721 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.