Purchased Alfredo sauce lends creaminess to this crab casserole while red pepper flakes kick up the taste. Summer squash and zucchini bring garden-fresh goodness to the comforting main dish from Bernadette Bennett of Waco, Texas.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1-1/2 cups imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325°. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine Alfredo sauce, crab, yellow squash, zucchini, parsley and pepper flakes. Drain pasta; add to sauce mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake 35 minutes or until heated through. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, 5-6 minutes longer or until browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Crab 'n' Penne Casserole in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p16
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crab 'n' Penne Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review