Crab 'n' Penne Casserole Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1-1/2 cups imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the Alfredo sauce, crab, yellow squash, zucchini, parsley and pepper flakes. Drain pasta; add to sauce mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 325° for 35 minutes or until heated through.
- Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, 5-6 minutes longer or until browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crab 'n' Penne Casserole(10)
Sort By :
We LOVE this recipe in our house. The only thing I change is to eliminate the red pepper flakes. My husband thinks they are a little too hot. I agree, so we don't use them.
Great flavor. Might add a little more crab but it was great and very easy to make!!!
Had this for dinner tonight. The only changes I made were to use the listed amount of fresh crab, but also added half a pkg. of imitation crab that I had in the freezer. Also had a couple extra mushrooms that needed to be used. It was soooo good. My husband isn't a big seafood casserole fan, but he asked me to add this to the permanent collection so it will be making regular appearences in this house. Will make a good potluck recipe, too. I wonder how broccoli would be ...
This was okay. We ate it. I definately wouldn't make it again though.
So simple and delicious. My family raved about this dish!