- 1-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1-1/2 cups imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325°. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine Alfredo sauce, crab, yellow squash, zucchini, parsley and pepper flakes. Drain pasta; add to sauce mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake 35 minutes or until heated through. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, 5-6 minutes longer or until browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crab 'n' Penne Casserole
Sort By :
"I loved the addition of the squash. This is quick and easy to make with just enough kick to make it tasty."
"We LOVE this recipe in our house. The only thing I change is to eliminate the red pepper flakes. My husband thinks they are a little too hot. I agree, so we don't use them."
"Great flavor. Might add a little more crab but it was great and very easy to make!!!"
"Had this for dinner tonight. The only changes I made were to use the listed amount of fresh crab, but also added half a pkg. of imitation crab that I had in the freezer. Also had a couple extra mushrooms that needed to be used. It was soooo good. My husband isn't a big seafood casserole fan, but he asked me to add this to the permanent collection so it will be making regular appearences in this house. Will make a good potluck recipe, too. I wonder how broccoli would be ..."
"This was okay. We ate it. I definately wouldn't make it again though."