Crab 'n' Cheese Spirals Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups chopped imitation crabmeat
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 3 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, crab, olives and chives. Unroll one tube of crescent dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations.
- 2. Spread with 1 cup cream cheese mixture; sprinkle with 1/4 cup of each cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- 3. Using a serrated knife, cut into 10 slices; place cut side down on a greased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining crescent dough, cream cheese mixture and cheeses.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 173 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 368mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Crab 'n' Cheese Spirals
"Very nice, easy recipe, packed with great flavor! Like the other reviewer, I omitted the olives, substituting chopped green onion instead. Make sure you make plenty because these went fast! I recommend using parchment paper instead of just greasing your baking sheet. Any filled and rolled recipe like this will have a tendency to leak out the bottom while baking. Parchment paper keeps everything deliciously intact and makes for easy clean up!"
"Very good as is, but I think bellagirl27 is on to something with the jalapenos. I'll try it like that next time."
"Absolutely, we kept out the olives and chives and put in Jalepeno pepperes and Bacon. YUM."
"This is a very easy recipe,with a big reward and packed with flavor. Thanks for sharing"
"This a very easy recipe, with a big reward. Just packed with flavor, thanks for sharing."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.