Crab 'n' Cheese Spirals Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups chopped imitation crabmeat
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 3 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 3/4 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, crab, olives and chives. Unroll one tube of crescent dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations.
- 2. Spread with 1 cup cream cheese mixture; sprinkle with 1/4 cup of each cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- 3. Using a serrated knife, cut into 10 slices; place cut side down on a greased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining crescent dough, cream cheese mixture and cheeses.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 173 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 368 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.