- 1/2 pound fresh crabmeat
- 6 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed, and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2-1/2 cups finely chopped peeled ripe pears
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash pepper
- 14 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; set aside.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface; brush with butter. Repeat with 6 more sheets of phyllo, brushing each layer with butter. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.)
- Spread half of crab filling to within 1 in. of edges. Fold the two short sides over filling. Starting with the long side, roll up jelly-roll style.
- Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Brush top with butter; score top lightly at 1-in. intervals. Repeat with remaining phyllo, butter and filling.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into slices along scored lines. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Crab 'n' Brie Strudel Slices in Taste of Home August/September 2006, p46
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Crab 'n' Brie Strudel Slices
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review