Crab & Shrimp Stuffed Sole Recipe
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked peeled shrimp
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 4 sole fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the crab, shrimp, bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons butter, cream cheese, chives, garlic, lemon peel and parsley. Spoon about 1/4 cup stuffing onto each fillet; roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- 2. Place each fillet on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). Combine the tomatoes, wine, lemon juice, salt, pepper and remaining butter; spoon over fillets. Fold foil around fish and seal tightly.
- 3. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
1 packet equals 363 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 184 mg cholesterol, 728 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 46 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.