- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked peeled shrimp
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 4 sole fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the crab, shrimp, bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons butter, cream cheese, chives, garlic, lemon peel and parsley. Spoon about 1/4 cup stuffing onto each fillet; roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Place each fillet on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18x12 in.). Combine the tomatoes, wine, lemon juice, salt, pepper and remaining butter; spoon over fillets. Fold foil around fish and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Crab & Shrimp Stuffed Sole
Sort By :
"At the request of family, I did not roll up fish. (I used Swai fillets) I just combined all and topped individual fish pieces. I cooked 8 oz of tiny elbow pasta and poured the contents of the four packets over the pasta after removing fish. WOW! This way nothing of the ingredients are wasted."