Crab & Herb Cheese Filet Mignon
Save the money you’d spend on going out for surf and turf. Instead, treat your clan to thick-cut steaks stuffed with garlic-herb cheese spread and fresh crabmeat. It’s a home-cooked entree that looks and tastes like it came from a four-star restaurant! —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Broil: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups fresh crabmeat
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) garlic-herb spreadable cheese, divided
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine crab and 3/4 cup spreadable cheese in a small bowl. Cut a
- horizontal pocket in each steak. Fill each pocket with 1/3 cup crab
- mixture. Place steaks on a greased broiler pan. Sprinkle with salt
- and pepper.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 10 minutes on each side or until meat
- reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read
- 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), spooning the
- remaining cheese over steaks during the last 2 minutes of broiling.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed steak equals 558 calories, 34 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 197 mg cholesterol, 547 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 60 g protein.