Nearly every time my girlfriends and I get together, we dip into this rich and creamy snack and our favorite bottle of wine. It’s so convenient to use the slow cooker to make this recipe—it’s a perfect fit for our relaxed friends nights. —Connie McKinney, Marshall, Missouri
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Havarti cheese
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Assorted crackers
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add spinach; cover and boil for 3-5 minutes or until wilted. Drain.
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the artichokes, cheeses, crabmeat, sour cream, salt, pepper and spinach. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until cheese is melted. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Crab & Artichoke Dip in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p24
Reviews for Crab & Artichoke Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 28, 2014
"I used gouda instead of havarti and added chopped water chestnuts. Was good, but should have had 2 cans of crabmeat."