Cozy Hot Chocolate
Steaming mugs of these smooth beverages are a nice anytime treat with my husband, Ken.—Marie Hattrup, The Dalles, Oregon
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup whipped cream
- Ground cinnamon, optional
- In a small saucepan, mix the cocoa and sugar; add water stir until
- smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat; stir in milk and heat through.
- Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla. Pour into 2 cups; top with
- whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. Yield: 2