Cozy Hot Chocolate Recipe
Steaming mugs of these smooth beverages are a nice anytime treat with my husband, Ken.—Marie Hattrup, The Dalles, Oregon
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup whipped cream
- Ground cinnamon, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, mix the cocoa and sugar; add water stir until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute. Reduce heat; stir in milk and heat through.
- 2. Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla. Pour into 2 cups; top with whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC