- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup whipped cream
- Ground cinnamon, optional
- In a small saucepan, mix cocoa and sugar. Add water; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute. Reduce heat; stir in milk and heat through.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Serve with whipped cream; if desired, sprinkle with cinnamon. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cozy Hot Chocolate in Taste of Home February/March 1995, p16
Reviews for Cozy Hot Chocolate
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 13, 2011
"Love this simple little recipe for hot chocolate. I cut it in half for just me. I have to admit I have used it every day since seeing this recipe, one of my guilty pleasures!"