Cozumel Red Snapper Vera Cruz
Cozumel is home to magnificent Veracruz-style red snapper. You can't bring it home, so create your own. Try parchment paper instead of the foil packet. —Barbie Miller, Oakdale, Minnesota
4 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 red snapper fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken stock
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup pitted green olives, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Hot cooked Israeli couscous and chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper.
- Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; drizzle with wine. Top with
- tomatoes, onion, olives, jalapeno, capers and garlic; drizzle with
- olive oil.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. If
- desired, serve with couscous and sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet (calculated without couscous and cilantro) equals 285 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 741 mg sodium,