Cowpoke Corn Bread Salad
My crew and I lead horseback camping vacations into the untamed areas of Arizona. Our cook serve trail lunches and cowboy-sized suppers out of our chuck wagon kitchen. This hearty salad is usually on the menu.Shelly Donnelly, Gold Canyon, Arizona
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 10 cups crumbled corn bread
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 to 1-1/3 cups mayonnaise
- In a large bowl, combine the corn bread, bacon, tomatoes, green
- pepper and onion. Add mayonnaise; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 428 calories, 23 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 844 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.