My crew and I lead horseback camping vacations into the untamed areas of Arizona. Our cook serve trail lunches and cowboy-sized suppers out of our chuck wagon kitchen. This hearty salad is usually on the menu.—Shelly Donnelly, Gold Canyon, Arizona
- 10 cups crumbled corn bread
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 to 1-1/3 cups mayonnaise
- In a large bowl, combine the corn bread, bacon, tomatoes, green pepper and onion. Add mayonnaise; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Cowpoke Corn Bread Salad in Country Woman January/February 2002, p7
Reviews for Cowpoke Corn Bread Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review