I made up this dish back in the early 1970s when I was down to very little food in the house. Since it's combination of barbecue sauce, hamburger, hot dogs and beans, this one-skillet meal makes both children and adults happy.
11 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 4 cans (16 ounces each) baked beans
- 8 hot dogs, sliced
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until flavors are blended.
- Yield: 11 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 457 calories, 23 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 1,223 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 29 g protein.