Cowboy Cookie Mix Recipe
Since half the fun of cookies is baking them, I give this merry-making mix as a gift. The ingredients look so pretty in a jar...and the cookies smell terrific coming out of the oven!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch YIELD:21 servings
- 1-1/3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Additional Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Pour oats into a wide-mouth 1-qt. glass container with a tight-fitting lid. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; place on top of oats. Layer with pecans, chocolate chips, brown sugar and sugar, packing each layer tightly (do not mix). Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 1 batch.
- 2. To prepare cookies: Pour cookie mix into a large bowl; stir to combine ingredients. Beat in butter, egg and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350°. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 11-13 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 187 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 157 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC