- 1-1/3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Additional Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour oats into a wide-mouth 1-qt. glass container with a tight-fitting lid. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; place on top of oats. Layer with pecans, chocolate chips, brown sugar and sugar, packing each layer tightly (do not mix). Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 1 batch.
- To prepare cookies: Pour cookie mix into a large bowl; stir to combine ingredients. Beat in butter, egg and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 11-13 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Cowboy Cookie Mix
Sort By :
"Double it, 'cause everyone eats them so fast! Also excellent as an oatmeal-raisin recipe, just replace the choc chips with plumped raisins (soak raisins in hot water for 5-10 min 'til they're plump, drain water off and stir a Tbl of flour into the raisins, then mix with dough). Best cookie recipe EVER (and I've made a LOT of cookies). Since finding this recipe, I've quit trying other recipes, this is the one I go to all the time. Thank you!"
"I found this one a little dry. it was hard to roll into balls because it was very crumbly. They also went very hard shortly after being baked."
"I saw this recipe and decided to make the jars for my neighbors for Christmas. I made the recipe for myself and thought the cookies were yummy. Make sure you pack all of the ingredients tight to make sure it all fits in the jar."