- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups frozen Tater Tots
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Stir in the corn, soup, 1/4 cup cheese, milk, sour cream, onion powder and pepper.
- Place 1 cup Tater Tots in a greased 3-cup baking dish. Layer with beef mixture and remaining Tater Tots; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Cowboy Casserole(63)
Sort By :
All family members liked.
My family loved this! I stirred in a can of green beans for some extra veggie & color! A simple, easy meal perfect for busy week nights!
It's a keeper for my family! My family of 6: two adults, two teens, two grade-schoolers were all pleased with this recipe. Of course we had to triple it to feed us for one dinner. Though the recipe was good to start out with, the next time we'll be adding green chiles, chopped onions, and maybe some other spices to add more flavor.
For a less mushy casserole I fried my taters and instead of tater tots I used Baby Cakes Mini Hasbrowns by McCains. Either way the fry gives it more crunch. In addition to that, for extra flavor I added 2 tsp garlic, 1 tsp salt, 2 tbsp onion powder, 2 tbsp paprika and upped the amount of pepper to 1 tsp. For extra kick I added 1/8 tsp chilli powder.
My family loves this!!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >