- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups frozen Tater Tots
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Stir in the corn, soup, 1/4 cup cheese, milk, sour cream, onion powder and pepper.
- Place 1 cup Tater Tots in a greased 3-cup baking dish. Layer with beef mixture and remaining Tater Tots; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Cowboy Casserole
"The whole family loved this. It was quick and easy to put together. I did double the recipe for 4 servings. I had to bake it a few minutes longer as we like our taters crispy but it came out great. Thanks for sharing!"
"I always double this & cook ground beef with onions & garlic... Sometimes peppers & mushrooms. I also use a can of condensed bean & bacon soup & a can of cream of mushroom soup. Also bake at 400 for about 30 minutes as we like the tots crispy!"
"I love this recipe I make it for pot lucks but this past week I made it for a cabin of 18 and I read all the bland comments and thought I can't take that. So I got creative I put garlic in it of course. Then fiesta corn more sweet corn, kidney beans, black beans yeah it's a lot of extras but it was probably a triple recipe and probably weighted 15 lbs lol I couldn't carry it. But it fed a lot of folks and even got a call after we got home did you have any extras, why yes I had also made my daughter a pan while she was home for the weekend and of course she didn't eat it lol SUPER SUCCESS!!!!!!"
"Family favorite but I double this recipe 4 times and put in a 11x13 pan!"
"Good but definitely needed a bit of extra flavour. I added brown sauces and beef powder.Also, I would let the tater tops thaw a little first as they weren't quite cooked when the casserole was ready!"