Cowboy Calico Beans Recipe
This filling dish is a tradition at the table when my girlfriends and I go up North for a "girl's weekend." The husbands and kids are left at home, but the slow cooker comes with us!—Julie Butsch, Hartland, Wisconsin
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar and mustard; add to meat mixture. Stir in the beans. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 326 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 808 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 22 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC