- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 tablespoons chopped onion, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 4 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, divided
- 4 tablespoons sliced pimiento-stuffed olives, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, 3 tablespoons onion, 2 tablespoons red pepper and 1 tablespoon green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, salsa, 3 tablespoons ripe olives, 3 tablespoons pimiento-stuffed olives, chilies, jalapeno, oregano and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Top with the cheese, sour cream and parsley; sprinkle with the remaining onion, peppers and olives. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 3 cups.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Cowboy Beef Dip
"This is great for parties. Yum!"
"Great flavour...a bit spicy which I love. Made it a day ahead. Heated in a pot then placed in serving dish with fresh toppings. I doubled it for a gathering and there was only a couple spoons left. Yum!"
"Great recipe. Will make again. It's a keeper! I didn't change a thing."
"Great recipe, we loved it. Along with chips, I also served it with chunked avacado and tomato. This recipe will go in my tried & true collection."
"My family loved this dish! We'll most likely make be making it again!"