Cowboy Beef Dip Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 tablespoons chopped onion, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 4 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, divided
- 4 tablespoons sliced pimiento-stuffed olives, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, 3 tablespoons onion, 2 tablespoons red pepper and 1 tablespoon green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, salsa, 3 tablespoons ripe olives, 3 tablespoons pimiento-stuffed olives, chilies, jalapeno, oregano and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2. Transfer to a serving dish. Top with the cheese, sour cream and parsley; sprinkle with the remaining onion, peppers and olives. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 3 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 116 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 336 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.