Cowboy Bake Beans Recipe
All our friends love this dish...it tastes so good with ground beef and a blend of different beans. Brown sugar and mustard are a nice accent to the tomato paste.—Linda Biggs, Canfield, Ohio
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1. In an ovenproof Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 457 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 964 mg sodium, 70 g carbohydrate, 12 g fiber, 28 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC