Cowboy Bake Beans Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1. In an ovenproof Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 457 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 964mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 12g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Cowboy Bake Beans
"I have been using this recipe for years! I have yet to meet anyone who does not like it! I really want to find a chili recipe that is similar to this!!! Anyone have one?????"
"everyone loved these, and they are so easy to make"
"I always make this in the crockpot. Often I carry it to church potluck suppers or family cookouts. It is always popular. I have shared this recipe with many friends. I use whatever types of beans I have on hand -- even frozen green beans and butterbeans. It is very forgiving of bean types. Instead of condensed tomato soup, I use tomato sauce. Great as a main dish served with brown rice."
"This is a very tasty version of baked beans I would and do serve at all my BBQ's a very must try."
"I am trying the recipe today, but why does the caption mention tomato PASTE??"
"This is a great recipe! I substitute some fresh sausage and baked ham for some of the hamburger, using about 1/3 of each meat and put the ham bone in the pot too."
"I love this recipe. It is easy and makes a great potluck dish. Friends always want me to bring this great side, it goes with anything."