Cowabunga Root Beer Cupcakes Recipe
I developed these cupcakes for my daughter's first birthday and transported them using dry ice. Be careful not to freeze them solid! —Mindy Carswell, Walker, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 1 package butter recipe golden cake mix (regular size)
- 4 teaspoons root beer concentrate, divided
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. Prepare and bake cupcakes according to package directions, adding 2 teaspoons root beer concentrate when mixing batter. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix whipped topping and remaining root beer concentrate until blended; spread over cupcakes. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 24 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC