I developed these cupcakes for my daughter's first birthday and transported them using dry ice. Be careful not to freeze them solid! —Mindy Carswell, Walker, Michigan
- 1 package butter recipe golden cake mix (regular size)
- 4 teaspoons root beer concentrate, divided
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Vanilla ice cream
- Prepare and bake cupcakes according to package directions, adding 2 teaspoons root beer concentrate when mixing batter. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix whipped topping and remaining root beer concentrate until blended; spread over cupcakes. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Cowabunga Root Beer Cupcakes in Taste of Home August/September 2012, p61
Reviews for Cowabunga Root Beer Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review