Cow Pies Candy
A barnyard birthday party just wouldn't be complete without cow pies! The kids loved 'em once they got a taste of these yummy treats packed with raisins and almonds and covered in rich milk chocolate.
—Karen Kenney, Harvard, Illinois
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups (12 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped slivered almonds
- In a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt the chocolate chips and
- shortening over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from the
- heat; stir in raisins and almonds. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed
- paper. Chill until ready to serve. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 199 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 24 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.