Covered Dish Dinner
I've taken this tasty casserole to countless potlucks and church suppers. It conveniently bakes in the oven for 1 hour, so I can get other things done around the house.Mrs. W.T. Kesler, Laurens, South Carolina
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour 5 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Crumble beef into a large bowl. Stir in soup, onion, rice, water and
- soup mix; mix well. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; sprinkle with
- cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield:
- 4-6 servings.
If you plan on taking Covered Dish Dinner to a potluck, prepare as directed (omit the cheese until ready to bake) and freeze. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 1 hour before leaving for the potluck.