Covered Dish Dinner Recipe
I've taken this tasty casserole to countless potlucks and church suppers. It conveniently bakes in the oven for 1 hour, so I can get other things done around the house.—Mrs. W.T. Kesler, Laurens, South Carolina
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Crumble beef into a large bowl. Stir in soup, onion, rice, water and soup mix; mix well. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Covered Dish Dinner
Reviewed Nov. 1, 2008
"Very bland recipe"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC