- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Crumble beef into a large bowl. Stir in soup, onion, rice, water and soup mix; mix well. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Covered Dish Dinner in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p200
Reviews for Covered Dish Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 1, 2008
"Very bland recipe"