Couscous with Grilled Vegetables Recipe
"This hearty side is almost a meal in itself," says Kathy Herrala of Martinez, California. She grills garden-fresh vegetables, then adds them to couscous for an appealing dinner accompaniment.
- 2 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 medium eggplant, sliced widthwise 1/2 inch thick
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, quartered
- 1 small onion, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) couscous
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2-1/4 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. Spritz vegetables with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare for indirect heat using a drip pan.
- 2. Arrange vegetables over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- 3. In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 4. Cut grilled vegetables into 1/2-in. pieces. Fluff couscous with a fork. Add the vegetables, green onions, lemon juice, thyme and remaining salt and pepper; toss until combined. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 163 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 384mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Couscous with Grilled Vegetables
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC