- 2 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 medium eggplant, sliced widthwise 1/2 inch thick
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, quartered
- 1 small onion, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) couscous
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2-1/4 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Spritz vegetables with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare for indirect heat using a drip pan.
- Arrange vegetables over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Cut grilled vegetables into 1/2-in. pieces. Fluff couscous with a fork. Add the vegetables, green onions, lemon juice, thyme and remaining salt and pepper; toss until combined. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Couscous with Grilled Vegetables in Light & Tasty June/July 2005, p51
Reviews for Couscous with Grilled Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2013
Very good. I love both couscous and grilled veggies. Lots of veggies in this dish, very healthy.