Couscous with Feta 'n' Tomatoes
This light and lovely side dish features a great blend of tangy flavors mellowed by easy-to-cook couscous. It really comes together in a snap. —Josephine Piro of Easton, Pennsylvania
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked couscous
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, pour boiling water over tomatoes; let stand for 5
- minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir
- in couscous. Remove from the heat; let stand, covered, for 5 minutes
- or until broth is absorbed.
- Drain and chop tomatoes; add to couscous. Gently stir in the
- remaining ingredients. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 187 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 481 mg sodium,