This light and lovely side dish features a great blend of tangy flavors mellowed by easy-to-cook couscous. It really comes together in a snap. —Josephine Piro of Easton, Pennsylvania
Featured In: Favorite Mediterranean Recipes
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked couscous
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, pour boiling water over tomatoes; let stand for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; let stand, covered, for 5 minutes or until broth is absorbed.
- Drain and chop tomatoes; add to couscous. Gently stir in the remaining ingredients. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Couscous with Feta 'n' Tomatoes in Healthy Cooking June/July 2008, p15
Reviews for Couscous with Feta 'n' Tomatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 10, 2008
"Delicious, and very quick and easy to make. A great new way to make couscous."