This light and lovely side dish features a great blend of tangy flavors mellowed by easy-to-cook couscous. It really comes together in a snap. —Josephine Piro of Easton, Pennsylvania
Recommended: Favorite Mediterranean Recipes
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked couscous
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, pour boiling water over tomatoes; let stand for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; let stand, covered, for 5 minutes or until broth is absorbed.
- Drain and chop tomatoes; add to couscous. Gently stir in the remaining ingredients. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Couscous with Feta 'n' Tomatoes in Healthy Cooking June/July 2008, p15
Reviews for Couscous with Feta 'n' Tomatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review