Couscous Tuna Tower Recipe
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2/3 cup uncooked couscous
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinaigrette
- 2 cups torn curly endive
- 8 thick slices red tomatoes
- 8 thick slices yellow tomatoes
- 1. In a small skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add couscous; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until couscous is lightly browned. Add water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8 minutes. Cool slightly.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the couscous mixture, tuna, parsley, capers, olives, lemon peel, lemon juice, salt and pepper; set aside.
- 3. Pour vinaigrette over endive; toss to coat. On each of eight serving plates, layer a red tomato slice, a yellow tomato slice, 1/2 cup couscous mixture and 1/4 cup endive leaves. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 150 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Couscous Tuna Tower
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.