There is a ton of flavor in this salad from Sharon Clow of Vanderhoof, British Columbia. She took a favorite recipe and added extra crabmeat, spinach and peas to make it over-the-top delicious!
Recommended: Your March Meal Plan
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked couscous
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup chopped imitation crabmeat
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in couscous; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork; cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the couscous, spinach, crab, peas, peppers and onion.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, ketchup, oil, sugar, salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder and coriander; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Couscous Seafood Side Salad in Healthy Cooking
Reviews for Couscous Seafood Side Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review