Couscous Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette Recipe
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) couscous
- 2 cups fresh baby arugula or spinach
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 12 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring broth and 1 tablespoon oil to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Transfer to a large bowl; cool.
- 2. Just before serving, add the arugula, feta cheese, cherries, pine nuts and basil. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, salt, pepper and remaining oil. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup: 304 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 619mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Couscous Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
"This is my "go to" recipe. I do substitute mint for basil and it seems to go well with the strong lemon favor. Everyone loves it!"
"Great tasting, super easy. Easy to adapt also; for example add cooked chicken or use mint instead of basil."