- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) couscous
- 2 cups fresh baby arugula or spinach
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 12 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring broth and 1 tablespoon oil to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Transfer to a large bowl; cool.
- Just before serving, add the arugula, feta cheese, cherries, pine nuts and basil. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, salt, pepper and remaining oil. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Couscous Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p168
Reviews for Couscous Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2012
Great tasting, super easy. Easy to adapt also; for example add cooked chicken or use mint instead of basil.