I was inspired by another salad to create this one. I switched out some ingredients to suit my family's tastes and they love it!—Maria Breiner, Schwenksville, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 84 Lemon Recipes from Tart to Sweet
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) couscous
- 2 cups fresh baby arugula or spinach
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 12 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring broth and 1 tablespoon oil to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Transfer to a large bowl; cool.
- Just before serving, add the arugula, feta cheese, cherries, pine nuts and basil. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, salt, pepper and remaining oil. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Couscous Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p168
Reviews for Couscous Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2016
"This is my "go to" recipe. I do substitute mint for basil and it seems to go well with the strong lemon favor. Everyone loves it!"
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2012
"Great tasting, super easy. Easy to adapt also; for example add cooked chicken or use mint instead of basil."