Couscous Salad with Dried Cherries Recipe
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork; cool.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the couscous, cherries, carrot, cucumber, onions and pine nuts. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
TEST KITCHEN TIP Betty likes to plump the dried cherries before adding them to the couscous. Simply cover with boiling water and let stand for 30 minutes, then drain.
3/4 cup: 186 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 227mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Couscous Salad with Dried Cherries
"This is good with cranberries - dried - and celery instead of the cucumber"