Couscous Salad with Dried Cherries Recipe
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork; cool.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the couscous, cherries, carrot, cucumber, onions and pine nuts. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 186 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 227mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Couscous Salad with Dried Cherries
"This is good with cranberries - dried - and celery instead of the cucumber"