When I read this recipe, it sounded so delicious that I wanted it for my recipe file at home. It has a good combination of textures. —Betty Reuter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork; cool.
- In a bowl, combine the couscous, cherries, carrot, cucumber, onions and pine nuts. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Couscous Salad with Dried Cherries in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p193
Reviews for Couscous Salad with Dried Cherries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 26, 2008
"This is good with cranberries - dried - and celery instead of the cucumber"