When I read this recipe, it sounded so delicious that I wanted it for my recipe file at home. It has a good combination of textures. —Betty Reuter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork; cool.
- In a bowl, combine the couscous, cherries, carrot, cucumber, onions and pine nuts. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Couscous Salad with Dried Cherries in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p193
Reviews for Couscous Salad with Dried Cherries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 26, 2008
"This is good with cranberries - dried - and celery instead of the cucumber"