Couscous Pepper Cups Recipe
Couscous Pepper Cups in a recipe we often double so we have two to eat and two to freeze for another meal.
- 2 large sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric, optional
- 1/2 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. In a large kettle, cook peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- 2. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the onion, mushrooms, celery, apple and garlic for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 3. In a saucepan, combine the broth, salt, cumin, pepper and turmeric if desired. Bring to a boil; stir in couscous and oil. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Stir in the vegetable mixture, raisins, pine nuts and parsley. Spoon into peppers.
- 4. Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 318 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 553mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 7g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Couscous Pepper Cups
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC