Couscous Chicken Supper Recipe
Our home economists set out to prepare a delicious meal-in-one featuring couscous...and they succeeded with this recipe. Served alongside tender strips of chicken, the pasta is topped with a medley of diced broiled vegetables.
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1. Place squash and peppers in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with the rosemary, salt and pepper. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil; gently stir to coat. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until tender, stirring every 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken in remaining oil until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Add garlic, cook 1 minute longer. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Add broth and onion to the skillet; bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Cut chicken into strips. Serve with couscous and vegetables. Yield: 4 servings.
1/4 each: 443 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 667mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein
Reviews for Couscous Chicken Supper
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2009
"Healthy meal my children enjoyed."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC