Our home economists set out to prepare a delicious meal-in-one featuring couscous...and they succeeded with this recipe. Served alongside tender strips of chicken, the pasta is topped with a medley of diced broiled vegetables.
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- Place squash and peppers in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with the rosemary, salt and pepper. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil; gently stir to coat. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until tender, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken in remaining oil until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Add garlic, cook 1 minute longer. Remove and keep warm.
- Add broth and onion to the skillet; bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Cut chicken into strips. Serve with couscous and vegetables. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Couscous Chicken Supper in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p41
Reviews for Couscous Chicken Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2009
"Healthy meal my children enjoyed."