Courtside Caramel Corn Recipe
- 6 quarts popped popcorn
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Place popcorn in a large bowl and set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla and baking soda; mix well. Pour over popcorn and stir until well-coated. Pour into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 5-1/2 quarts.
Reviews for Courtside Caramel Corn
Sort By :
This is the best caramel corn. As stated-store in air tight containers but it won't last long. It's easy to make, delicious to eat and not sticky like some caramel corns can be.
Everyone loves when I make this. Be careful to get all the kernals out though I made that mistake once, OOPS!
I have made this several times over the years,,I always have to make two batches,,,It is GREAT!!!
As a matter of preference, I used a little extra popcorn (about 8 qts) and used dark brown sugar because that's what I had on hand. Excellent! Exactly what I'd hoped for! Thanks for another great recipe!
I once had a recipe for caramel corn that a dear friend gave me, and I lost it in between several moves. This recipe is close, and is easy to make. It never lasts long!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizer Snack Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >
- Party Mix >
- Party Snacks >
- Potluck Appetizers >
- Potluck Recipes >