Courtside Caramel Corn Recipe
- 6 quarts popped popcorn
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Place popcorn in a large bowl and set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla and baking soda; mix well. Pour over popcorn and stir until well-coated. Pour into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 5-1/2 quarts.
Reviews for Courtside Caramel Corn(22)
Sort By :
Everyone loves when I make this. Be careful to get all the kernals out though I made that mistake once, OOPS!
I have made this several times over the years,,I always have to make two batches,,,It is GREAT!!!
As a matter of preference, I used a little extra popcorn (about 8 qts) and used dark brown sugar because that's what I had on hand. Excellent! Exactly what I'd hoped for! Thanks for another great recipe!
I once had a recipe for caramel corn that a dear friend gave me, and I lost it in between several moves. This recipe is close, and is easy to make. It never lasts long!
I rarely write reviews unless something impresses me. I have tried other caramel corn recipes, but this one is worth writing about! Delicious and easy to follow directions. I took this to an end-of-school-year faculty pitch-in and people loved it! Also included it in my son's lunch. He reported that he had never had so many people wanting to "trade" to get more of his popcorn! Definitely a keeper and I will be making this for my son's all-school picnic.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizer Snack Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >
- Party Mix >
- Party Snacks >
- Potluck Appetizers >
- Potluck Recipes >