Courtside Caramel Corn Recipe
- 6 quarts popped popcorn
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Place popcorn in a large bowl and set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla and baking soda; mix well. Pour over popcorn and stir until well-coated. Pour into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 5-1/2 quarts.
Reviews for Courtside Caramel Corn
Sort By :
"Easy, relatively fast, and a hit with caramel-popcorn lovers---what more could you want in a caramel corn recipe? I added an extra 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda (after reading reviews for Paula Deen's nearly identical recipe) this time around, but the recipe's been great each of the 5+ times I've made it."
"This is the best caramel corn. As stated-store in air tight containers but it won't last long. It's easy to make, delicious to eat and not sticky like some caramel corns can be."
"Everyone loves when I make this. Be careful to get all the kernals out though I made that mistake once, OOPS!"
"I have made this several times over the years,,I always have to make two batches,,,It is GREAT!!!"
"As a matter of preference, I used a little extra popcorn (about 8 qts) and used dark brown sugar because that's what I had on hand. Excellent! Exactly what I'd hoped for! Thanks for another great recipe!"