- 6 quarts popped popcorn
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Place popcorn in a large bowl and set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla and baking soda; mix well. Pour over popcorn and stir until well-coated. Pour into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 5-1/2 quarts.
Reviews for Courtside Caramel Corn
"This is almost identical to the recipe I use, but I use puff corn - no hulls! We call it "crack corn" - can't stop once you start!! Delicious!!!"
"We loved this crunchy popcorn! Double the recipe, it goes fast."
"Excellent recipe for caramel corn! After trying this recipe, I've thrown away my old one. Great flavor, texture and caramel coverage of the corn. I also used 3/4 tsp. soda like another reviewer noted, and it turned out very well."
"Easy, relatively fast, and a hit with caramel-popcorn lovers---what more could you want in a caramel corn recipe? I added an extra 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda (after reading reviews for Paula Deen's nearly identical recipe) this time around, but the recipe's been great each of the 5+ times I've made it."
"This is the best caramel corn. As stated-store in air tight containers but it won't last long. It's easy to make, delicious to eat and not sticky like some caramel corns can be."