Couple's Catch of the Day Recipe
Here's a match made in heaventwo tasty fish fillets in a Valentine's Day shape! Moist and tender, this succulent orange roughy from our kitchen staff will win hearts with its memorable blend of garlic, dill and lemon.
- 2 parchment paper squares (12 inches each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 orange roughy fillets (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 medium lemon, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 fresh dill sprigs
- Cut each piece of parchment paper into a 12-in. heart. Brush paper with 1 tablespoon butter. Place a fillet on one side of each heart. Sprinkle with dill, lemon-pepper and garlic powder. Drizzle with remaining butter. Arrange lemon slices over fish.
- Fold parchment hearts in half. Beginning at the tip of the heart, fold edges together, 2 in. at a time. Place on a large baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes. With a scissors, cut an X through top of parchment; fish should flake easily with a fork. Transfer each parchment heart to a dinner plate. Garnish with dill sprigs. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Couple's Catch of the Day in Country Woman January/February 2001, p41
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Couple's Catch of the Day(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review