County Fair Pie Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1. In a bowl, beat the butter, sugar, flour, eggs, and vanilla until well blended. Stir in nuts and chips.
- 2. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 742 calories, 51g fat (26g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for County Fair Pie
"Excellent pie. I did use pecans, because I had those on hand but I don't think that hurt anything :)"
"This pie is a winner! It is rich, but delicious - like a chewy cookie bar. It travels very well, freezes well, and always sells out at our school's bake sales. I love how anything can be tossed into the basic recipe and it always comes out just right."
"Rich but very good. Easy to make."
"My husband declared this pie VERY good so it will be a dessert that I will bake often."
"Very tasty. I made this for a charity auction and it brought in $75. Tastes like a big chewey cookie."