- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk and brown sugar. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; beat into egg mixture until smooth.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Cover the bottom of a funnel spout with your finger; ladle 1/2 cup batter into funnel. Holding the funnel several inches above the skillet release finger and move the funnel in a spiral motion until all of the batter is released (scraping funnel with a rubber spatula if needed).
- Fry for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining batter. Dust with confectioners' sugar; serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for County Fair Funnel Cakes
"The taste was OK, but the texture wasn't great. It either made a deep-fried pancake, crumbs or strips, depending on whether I used a funnel, a measuring cup or a spoon. I don't think it's worth the calories."
"One year we went to our local town festival with family from out of town. After we returned home from the festival I made the County Fair Funnel Cakes. Everyone thought they tasted just like funnel cakes from a fair."
"We Loved it!!! Just like the State Fair!"
"THIS WAS A GREATTTTT RECIPE ANDI LOVEDDDD IT YUM"
"Tasted great but couldn't get the batter to make a funnel, was like crumbs. Poured into grease from funnel, don't know what happened but will try again."